July 16, 2003

Frostbiter: Wrath of the Wendigo (1996)

"A duo of gun happy redneck hunters stupidly break a sacred circle in a hunting spree, which releases the deadly wendigo. The wendigo kills many of the hunters gruesomely, leaving the chosen woman and a gun toting idiot to destroy the deadly beast."

This is the reason I don't watch Troma films. They are just too crap for words. I didn't even see the end of this as I needed the Sky Plus memory space back so I stopped it and deleted it. It felt good!

From what I did see, this was amateur film making of the highest order. Non-existent acting skills, rubber masks, not very scary monsters, and an annoying soundtrack that kept pumping old fashioned unknown rock bands over the dialogue meant that what little suspense could have been achieved in an "Evil Dead" kind of way was completely absent in this.

I think I saw about 90 percent of the film even so. I just really didn't care about the ending enough to endure any more torture especially as the quality of the film was like one of those pirated videos from the market. It was all grainy and the colours were all too red or something. It was just horrible!

I remember another Wendigo film a few years ago which also sucked. But it was in another league compared to this piece of utter, utter, Yeti excrement!

No comments:

Post a Comment