May 21, 2007

An interview with Seregon O'Dassey


Seregon O'Dassey is an actress and model who works mainly in New York, Philly, and Baltimore. Her feature film "Ghostwatcher 2" was released by Lion's Gate in October 2005 and she has just finished filming a lead role in the new sci-fi film "Cleric" (2011).

In May 2007, Seregon kindly agreed to answer a few questions for me. Here's what she had to say...

How did you become an actress/model/scream queen?
It's funny, you know I never really wanted to be a scream queen. I always thought it would limit what work I could do. But when I did a horror movie a couple of years ago (Ghostwatcher 2) I somehow got the "title" or "label" of scream queen attached to me. I've since done other horror movies and shorts, but it's not all I've done.
I became an actress years ago. It all started when I got into role playing when I was about 14 or so. I started taking acting and modeling classes and it all snowballed from there. I started singing backup for local bands, and next thing I know I'm getting commercials and photo shoots.

What has been the high point of your career so far?

Achieving my goals. In the past 2 years I've had 2 movies come out on the shelf and I finally got into Playboy Magazine (after 5 years of trying). I've been acting and modeling since I was a teenager, so to finally reap some rewards and have all the hard work start to pay off feels very good.

And the lowest?
I'm not sure if there is one specific thing that I consider the lowest point in my career, but one of the low points is having the industry be so cutthroat. It's difficult to have friends in this business, so I cherish the ones that I do have.

What part of the industry really pisses you off?
There are a couple of things. But mainly it would be nice to meet someone without the expectation of a date. It's also infuriating to read casting notices where almost everyone wants nudity, and they expect you to work for free! That, to me, is the height of disrespect.

Do you have any aspirations to be an actor in a big budget major motion picture?
Absolutely! That is, in fact my ultimate goal.

What would be your ideal role?
I would love a highly intense or emotional role; something where I could really put my heart and soul on the line. That would really be something where I can show some real talent.

Who do you admire in show business?
I really admire people who work hard and study their roles. I admire Jennifer Connolly, Sandra Bullock, Tom Hanks, and many other actors who really let their roles overtake them.

If you could be anyone else for 24 hours who would you want to be?
Acting is all about being something you usually are not, but I'd say I'd like to be a man for a day, just to see what it's like on the other side.

If you were able to go anywhere in time, where would you go and what would you do there?
The medieval ages. I took several courses in college about the era and I know a lot about it. It fascinates me. The way people acted, what they believed as far as religion and medicine go. I would show them how to do things the right way.
The Tudors (on Showtime) didn't get the history completely accurate… yet I can't stop watching it!!!

If you were a cartoon character who would it be?
She-Ra because she's cool. She's one person who can change into another and kick some bad ass! And she gets to ride a flying unicorn. Who else can say that?

Do you like to break rules or are you a good girl?
Haha! What do you think?? Seriously, I don't break laws, but I bend the rules to accommodate myself now and then…

Do you think that you are unique?
I'm one of a kind, baby!

If you were cast in an episode of 'Buffy' or 'Angel' who would you befriend and who would you most like to have an onscreen romance with?
I would most likely side with Angel, simply because he's a Vampyre, but he doesn't want to harm anyone he doesn't have to. He shows everyone that just because you are a certain thing doesn’t mean you have to act a certain way. I would so have an affair with James Marsters (who played Spike). How hot is he??

Have you ever thought of being on a reality TV show?
I was on the 5th wheel about 6 or 7 years ago. It was ridiculous. No one is really who you see. They tell you what to say, how to say it, and they show you what they want. It is NOT reality…

What would you like to win?
Doesn’t matter. Those shows are bullshit. They take time from the networks, which means they take jobs away from real, hard working actors.

As a model, what would be your ideal photoshoot?
I would really like to do something high fashion, for maybe Christian Dior or Dolce & Gabbana. They have awesome ads, they're very creative.

And the worst?
One of those cheesy modeling "workshops". It ends up being a bunch of guys with cameras that don't really care about art or photography - they just want to stare at a bunch of pretty girls.

Do you have a favourite brand of make-up?
Not really a favorite, but Neutrogena and Clinique are very good for the skin.

What do you like to do most when not acting or modelling?
Read. Go to the gym. Talk to my friends on the phone. Answer interview questions. ;)

Do you read a lot of books?
Whenever I have the time, yes. I have always loved to read both fiction and non fiction. Knowledge is power.

Who is your favourite author?
Anne Rice is one of them. Konstantinos is another.

Have you ever stayed awake more than 24 hours in a row, internetting for instance?
In fact I have, but not on the internet.

What time do you normally get up and go to bed?
I'm usually up around 9:30am or so, and in bed by 1am.

Do you have a favourite website?
I've grown fond of YouTube, LOL… I also go to nutritiondata.com a lot because it has an accounting of all the calories in all kinds of foods. It's very helpful for someone who's weight watching.

What is your favourite meal? Do you have a favourite recipe?
I don’t have a favorite meal or recipe, but I watch Rachel Ray and I think I may have actually learned a thing or two!

Do you eat a lot of chocolate?
Depends on what week it is.

How many marshmallows can you get into your mouth in one go?
I can honestly say I have no idea, I've never tried. But now you've got me thinking…

What is your favourite brand of cola?
I don't really drink soda, except with Stoli Vanilla, and it would be Coke or Pepsi with it.

If you were stranded in Germany which three things would you like to have with you?
Eine landkarte von Deutschland, etwas gerstensaft, und das rockband Oomph, ich kann also habe etwas musik!

Have you bought anything good from ebay or a garage sale?
Sure, who hasn't? You can find some great Goth clothes, if you know how to find them. I was going to buy a heart, but I got outbid. So as of now, I'm still heartless…

What scares you?
Clowns. God, I hate clowns…

Do you get any scary fans or have they all been nice to you?
I've received some weird emails, like asking to buy my lingerie and stuff, but no one really threatening (I don’t sell my underwear btw!), LOL

What do you like most about Dr Blood's Video Vault?
I like that the Vault has such an extensive list of horror movies and actors. I also like that Dr Blood finds something positive to say about pretty much every actor and film rather than something negative.

Would you have your picture taken wearing nothing but a Dr Blood's Video Vault t-shirt if you were sent one?
Sure, why not?

Which question would you most like to be asked?
What the hell took you so long to get "discovered"??

And the answer to that question?
Man, don't even get me started… (LOL) …

Thank you.


Please visit Seregon's website at www.seregonodassey.com for more details. She can also be contacted at: http://www.myspace.com/seregonodassey.


All pictures of Seregon O'Dassey on this page are copyrighted to Seregon O'Dassey and are used here with permission. (Date of interview: Monday, 21st May, 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment